Without insects, existence would be quite impoverished if at all possible. For example, we should not be able to enjoy the birds singing, a successful fishing trip or berries and fruits. Not least in garden contexts, it is often talked about beneficial insects and pests. The latter can, among other things, be combated with various toxins, but not often the insects that are necessary for the ecological interaction are also affected.
The insects we occasionally perceive as really disturbing, for example, wasps, flies, mosquitoes and ants, we seldom have reason or opportunity to fight with toxins. They rarely cause any serious injury.
On the other hand, it is, of course, perfectly legitimate to keep the insects to a suitable distance as far as possible. The most important thing about insects is to alleviate the irritation they cause when they swarm around the dining table, disturbing our night’s sleep, sticks or bits. In addition, they actually dirty a lot.
Whatever we are aware of the plague of insects, we are often surprised by them. For example, we can come to the summer house and only then discover that it is a so-called insect year. In such a situation, you can greatly benefit from the tips on this card.
The biggest pain is usually caused by mosquitoes that have entered the house. Not least, they can disturb the night’s sleep for both adults and children. How to more permanently protect yourself against these insects you will know on the other side of the card.
First action against wasps
1. Indoors: Open windows and doors and try to repel the wasps.
2. Outdoors: Remove any sweets from the dining table. Lure the wasps to another part of the garden with, for example, jam, syrup or honey on a dish or in a bowl. Or try solar wasp trap.
3. If you have been stung, bathe with antiseptic or vinegar.
4. If you have become stung and know that you are hypersensitive or react with nausea and / or chills, consult a doctor.
5. Try to locate the goat’s nest if it is in the house or nearby – for further action. Common settlements are under roof eaves on winds and in outbuildings.
Protect yourself against flies
1. Indoors: Flies do not like cross-tracks. Please wait!
2. Protect especially meat products, where flies often lay eggs and can leave bacteria.
3. Dispose of food that attracts the flies and ensure that waste is packaged tightly.
4. Outdoors: Lime latrine and waste that can otherwise become a fly-back.
Protect yourself from mosquitoes
1. Indoors: Protect small children with “mosquito nets”. For example, it may be a tightly woven, discarded wire blind. Plug in a tool like mosquitoes killer.
2. Outdoors: If possible, light a fire. Mosquitoes shed, among other things, survival smoke.
3. When swarms of knots and sandbags, go indoors – but first brush off clothes and hair so that you do not get into the insects.
Mild agents against ants
Ants are really “kind” and beneficial animals, at least if one disregards post-moths. But of course you don’t want them either in the house or in the food. Here in the Nordic countries, the black tuvmyr is entering the houses. Because they are always hungry, you can lure them away with the love dish, which is sugar. If they are offered snus or ground cinnamon, these ants seek out other places to eat.
You get a mosquito-efficient and less annoying smoke for the eyes of glowing birch tarts, a fungus that grows mostly on dead or outgoing birches. Dry the sponge, cut it into smaller pieces and place it on the grill grill, for example. Light with a little ignition fluid. A wire mesh over the head that is fringed at the bottom protects well against mosquitoes. When moving, the lashes waft away the insects.